History of Lake Montfort School
Lake Montfort School, Bengaluru, has the unique distinction of being the first Montfortian School in Karnataka, founded on principles that are rooted on the Vision and Mission Statement of our Province, namely to strive for Holistic Excellence. The school is established as a Beacon of Light and a guiding star for generations of students who will pass through its portal.
Lake Montfort has been a ‘School of Excellence’ from its inception. It had a very modest start with 32 students from LKG to Grade 3, as the Montfort Brothers of St. Gabriel, Province of Yercaud decided to expand its educational mission across the State of Karnataka. Bro. George Kalangod, the Project Manager was entrusted with the task of acquiring land in or around Bengaluru and initiating the construction of the First School Building. In May 1996 on the bank of the Elamalappa Lake in Kurudusonnenahalli village, on the outskirts of Bengaluru, consisting of6.5 acres, was acquired. Subsequently, more lands have been acquired between 1996 and 2000. Today the school is situated in a serene area and stretches to about 12 acres of land. The school is situated 21 km from Bengaluru City along the Old Madras Road.
On 15thJune 1998, Bro. Augustine Novello, then the Regional Superior of Montfort Brothers and the First Principal of the school, inaugurated Lake Montfort School, starting a daring venture of Montfortian Education Mission in Bengaluru. The School follows the CBSE syllabus of education from the beginning. However, the School obtained permission and recognition from the Government of Karnataka in May 2001 for the Primary Classes and the following year, for a High School with the State syllabus to accommodate students who would prefer to study State Syllabus. A big building with better facilities was built to accommodate the increase in admission and provide state-of-the-art facilities to the students. In 2004, the school was officially Affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi, from Grade 1 to 10 and upgraded to Senior Secondary in 2009. From then, the school started to function introducing a parallel section with the State Syllabus. In 2006, the First Batch of CBSE students appeared for the All India Secondary School Examination and came out with flying colours. In 2006, a Composite P.U. College with Government’s “A” Grade Recognition was started. New Science labs for Biology, Chemistry and Physics with required equipment were added. The school also initiated a series of noble and progressive steps to keep with the demands of changing times and thus meeting the needs of the students. Transport facilities for the students were increased by adding new buses. Two New Basketball Courts were added and the playfields were extended to accommodate various Sports and Games Activities. A modernized Gymnasium was set up and Table Tennis tables were added. In 2006, the school spread its wings to go overseas and the school was very fortunate to have two linking schools in Nottingham shire, UK. Teachers from India and abroad have been on several visits to widen the exposure, knowledge and global perspective. The schools’ commitment to the new technology was further reinforced at this time with the installation of interactive whiteboards (Smart Class) in every classroom. In 2009, the First School Building was renovated with modern facilities. The campus became rejuvenated with a grotto of our Lady of Wisdom, new lawns and flower gardens. A statue of St. Montfort was placed on the pedestal at the entrance of the school and it was blessed on 31st January 2009. Since 2014, the school has opted to follow only the CBSE curriculum. Since 2015, the school has witnessed a rapid increase in admissions. At the same time, several crucial changes were initiated in the teaching-learning process. The school office was given a new look, increased more number of school buses and safety grills were fixed for balcony rails. As the school continued to expand, a new four-storey building with 30 classroom was constructed exclusively for the Primary Section of the school. The school campus reflects many of our priorities and values, responsible use of the environment, a culture of innovation, skilful use of technology and aesthetically designed physical spaces. From a tiny seed, today Lake Montfort School has grown into a large tree with state-of-the-art facilities, a beautiful campus with spacious playground and games facilities, with a strength of over 2800 students on the roll and 218 teaching and non-teaching staff. The School also occupies a high place among the schools in Bengaluru city with extraordinary characteristics and recognitions to its credit.
- The School has ISO 21001: 20218 Certification for providing quality education from Pre-KG to Grade 12 as per the norms of the CBSE Board.
- ISO 14001:2015 Environment Management System Certification for providing educational services in an Eco friendly, non-polluting environment and hygienic compliance.
- The School was conferred “Mother Theresa Memorial Award 2018” from Indian Development Foundation (IDF) for Supporting various health, education and rural development activities.
- The School received “The Rainbow Address School Health Award 2019” for its exceptional commitment towards the health of its children.
- The School was appointed the “Lead Collaborator School” under “Hubs of learning” by the Director of Academics, CBSE Board, Delhi, to guide 5 CBSE schools in the city.
- The School was awarded “Yellow Certification” (campus is 80% green) under Green School program by Centre for Science and environment, Delhi.
- The School received “ELDROK India K-12 Award 2019” for integration of promising social programs along with curriculum.
- The School was conferred “National Educational Excellence Award 2019” for quality education as the “Top School of the year 2019 in Karnataka”.
- The School was awarded “AKS Education Award 2020” under “ High performing School of 2019” for exemplary contribution to the Education Field.
- The School was awarded“National Education Brilliance Award” for the “Best CBSE School of the year 2020” for the continued dedication and endless contribution in field of Education.
- The School was declared Champion at several interschool competitions at regional & state levels in sports, art, literary, martial arts, technology and cultural competitions.
- The School registered Centum Results consecutively since 2017in All India Senior Certificate Examination (AISSCE) and All India Secondary School Examination (AISSE) with all the students passing in first class and above.
May Lake Montfort School always be a Beacon of Light and Truth shining ever more brightly in the years to come!